Finance and Administration Assistant (full-time, hourly)
The Finance and Administration Assistant is responsible for timely and accurate bookkeeping, filing, and other administrative duties. In addition, this position is responsible for preparing the Thrift Store to open by ensuring the cash tills are balanced each morning before the store opens. In addition, this position supports the entire Mansfield Mission Center organization with ordering and managing supplies. This position reports to the Senior Director of Finance and Administration.
The following is a list of related job tasks with approximate time allocations; however, others tasks may be assigned or time allocations adjusted, as necessary:
· Record accounts payable
· Record deposits
· Account reconciliations
· Credit Card management
· File paid invoices, deposit support, and petty cash support
Store Opening (10-20%)
· Provide daily count of previous day cash sales
· Verify starting till balances for each register
· Manage/order supplies for each location
· Support Leadership Team on special projects
· Manage vendor relationships
· Coordinate IT support
· Coordinate Administrative issues at all three locations
The Finance and Administration Assistant should ideally possess the following qualifications and personal attributes
Education and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in a related field preferred
· 3+ years’ bookkeeping experience
· Proficient in Excel, and accounting software
Key Competencies and Attributes
· Excellent communication skills including, interpersonal, verbal and written skills
· Highly motivated, organized and have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
· Ability to make independent decisions
· Strong attention to detail and organization
· Creative thinker and Self-motivated
· Strong interest in serving community members
· Team oriented
· Strong sense of confidentiality
· English proficient
· Servant heart
Benefits include health insurance, vacation, holidays, and personal days.
Interested applicants please email cover letter and resume to MikeB@mansfieldmission.org by October 22, 2019.
The Mansfield Mission Center provides a work environment where staff care for and support each other. We are motivated by our faith, are passionate about the work we do, and we also like to have fun together.
Our Core Values
Christ-centered: our love for Jesus motivates our work and centers our purpose.
Relational: we foster supportive networks of people among community members, volunteers and staff.
Community-focused: we are responsive to the needs of the community and recognize the importance of partnership with churches and other agencies to attain the greatest impact.
Compassionate: we care deeply about those we serve which include clients, customers, volunteers and staff and we are responsive to their unique situation.
Stewards: we do our best to maximize donations and to nurture the staff and volunteers entrusted to us.