Donations Pick-up Driver
Donations Pick-up Driver – Part time
The Donations Pick-up Driver helps further the Mansfield Mission Center’s goal of self-sufficiency for clients by picking up community donations for resale at our thrift store and food partner donations for distribution to our clients. Reports directly to Director of Programs and Director of Store Operations
The primary purpose of this position is to pick up donated items using our organization’s box truck and/or van and delivering the donations to our thrift store or food pantry. Current need is for 15-20 hours per week. Could grow in the future.
Job Responsibilities: The following is a list of related job tasks. Others may be assigned as needed:
Donation Pick-up (75%)
● Drives box truck to various locations within the community (primarily residential) in order to pick up large items to be donated to the store and ensures proper loading and unloading of items.
● Accompanies other Mission Center personnel on community food drive pick-ups
● Follows all organizational and legal driving procedures and safety regulations
● Ensures all donations picked up are in compliance with donation acceptance criteria
● Communicates in an effective and respectful manner with all community donors and partners
Store and Pantry Logistics (25%)
● Assists Food Pantry Manager with unloading and stocking of food donations
● Assists thrift store receiving personnel with unloading of store donations
● Helps in other store areas as needed: receiving, cleaning, pricing, donation sorting, etc.
The Donations Pick-up Driver should ideally possess the following qualifications and personal attributes:
● Possesses a high level of energy and is self-motivated and has strong personal boundaries
● Ability to work evenings and/or Saturdays as needed
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and ability to drive box truck
● Ability to lift 50 lbs. Or more unassisted
● Ability to lead and supervise volunteers
The Mansfield Mission Center provides a Christ-centered work environment where staff care for and support each other. We are motivated by our faith, are passionate about the work we do, and we also like to have fun together. Our staff breakfast potlucks are famous! If you love helping others, enjoy a moderately-paced work environment, and want to be part of our organizational growth – we would love to hear from you.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to Charlene Hurst, Director of Programs, by March 6, 2019 for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.