Office Administrator (full-time, hourly)
The Office Administrator is the first point of contact with clients, volunteers, donors and community partners of the Wesley Mission Center (WMC). This role is responsible for ensuring all who call or visit the mission center are greeted warmly, professionally, and receive the information requested in a prompt and professional manner. This position contributes to meeting increased donor, program participant and volunteer satisfaction.
This position reports to the Director of Finance & Administration with office hours 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (with a 30 minute lunch break) and other events as assigned. With permission of Supervisor, this position may flex to provide additional time for lunch.
The following is a list of related job tasks; however others may be assigned as required:
· Greet all visitors with professionalism and a sense of hospitality
· Answer inbound calls and direct to appropriate staff (primary)
· Maintain organized and welcoming reception area
· Serve as the mission center’s first point of contact for client inquiries and appointments by phone and walk-in
· Provide accurate, detailed information to all phone inquiries pertaining to the mission center’s services and schedules
· Liaise with all staff to maintain smooth and timely communication for all special visitors
· Provide appropriate material to clients prior to appointment, as necessary
· Facilitate phone donations accurately and professionally
· Assist Food Pantry Coordinator with Food Market clients
· Check and process mail, support Finance with outbound mail
· Maintain confidentiality of all client and donor information
· Work with Empowerment Coaches to schedule initial client appointments and update calendars accordingly
· Coordinate, book, and set up meeting rooms, truck, and van for internal and external requests
· Support Directors with administrative requests such as photocopying and mailings
· Support Directors with other special projects as available
The Receptionist should ideally possess the following qualifications and personal attributes:
Education and Experience
· High school diploma
· 5+ years’ experience as a receptionist or in administrative assistant role
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Strong interest in serving community members
· Sensitive to the needs and context of clients in crisis
· Strong customer service orientation
· English proficient
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Professional personal presentation
· Conversational Spanish proficiency a strong asset
Budgeted compensation, subject to change based upon qualifications is $13 per hour
Benefits include health insurance, vacation, holidays, and personal days
Interested applicants please email cover letter and resume to: MikeB@mansfieldmission.org Applications will be accepted until the earlier of April 25 or until position is filled.
The Mansfield Mission Center provides a work environment where staff care for and support each other. We are motivated by our faith, are passionate about the work we do, and we also like to have fun together.
Our Core Values
Christ-centered: our love for Jesus motivates our work and centers our purpose.
Relational: we foster supportive networks of people among community members, volunteers and staff.
Community-focused: we are responsive to the needs of the community and recognize the importance of partnership with churches and other agencies to attain the greatest impact.
Compassionate: we care deeply about those we serve which include clients, customers, volunteers and staff and we are responsive to their unique situation.
Stewards: we do our best to maximize donations and to nurture the staff and volunteers entrusted to us.