Registered Dental Assistant (part-time, hourly)
The Mansfield Mission Center is a non-profit that empowers people on their journey toward self-sufficiency and wholeness. Our community clinic is primarily staffed by volunteers.
As our first and only dental staff member, the RDA will be responsible for setting up the dental clinic before the volunteer dental teams arrive, assiting the dentist and all members of the volunteer dental teams during clinic, and completing end of clinic sterilization and general clean up duties. Additionally, the RDA will monitor all supplies, and request supply orders in a timely manner.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and works under the supervision of the Dental Director. Current hours are Tuesdays from 4:00pm to 8:00pm and Fridays from 7:45am to 11:45am.
The following is a list of related job tasks; however others may be assigned as required:
· BE THE DOCTOR’S RIGHT HAND BY ASSISTING AND COORDINATING WITH THE VOLUNTEER DENTAL TEAMS.
· Turn on all units, wall switches, etc.
· Seat patients and have proper set up for procedures (trays). Make sure CONSENT FORMS/POSTOPS ready.
· Assist the doctor when appropriate.
· Anticipate doctor's needs at all times. Stay one step ahead!
· Chart all patients TX and record date and service rendered.
· Dismiss patients. Be certain patient's chart is complete indicating procedures to be performed at next visit, as well as TX completed today with initials.
· Take impressions if appropriate for study models, bleaching, night guards.
· Pour and trim study models.
· Perform all expanded duties if qualifies and directed by doctor to do so.
· Be responsible for appearance, cleanliness and restocking of treatment rooms.
· Spray down/wipe down and/or wrap treatment rooms in between patients.
· Oil hand pieces and checks to see if repairs are needed.
· Be responsible for ordering all clinical supplies (keeping within budget guidelines) and maintain inventory control system for supplies.
· Be responsible for X-ray equipment care and upkeep.
· Be responsible for upkeep of lab area.
· Be responsible for sterilization of instruments and hand pieces.
· Be responsible to get lab cases out on time and in when they come back. (Use lab log). Also, inform clinic coordinator when case has been checked in. (Do this each shift).
· When working with patients conduct you in a professional manner, being mindful of patient's needs.
· Maintain a positive attitude with your co-workers.
· Be flexible as changes occur in the daily schedule.
· When assisting on an emergency patient, take x-ray (if indicated) and ask as many preliminary questions as possible to "screen" for the doctor.
· Talk to patients about what treatment is possible in dentistry today such as cosmetics, perio, etc.
· Be aware of personal appearance.
· Organize and clean sterilization before leaving at end of shift.
· Review schedules and charts to be prepared for scheduled patients.
· Keep treatment room equipment spotless: check overhead lights, chairs, counter tops, cabinet facings, cart stands and sinks every shift.
· Supplies – you are responsible for supplies and list should be provided via email no later than 1 week before the end of the month.
The RDA should ideally possess the following qualifications and personal attributes:
Education, Skills, & Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
· Licensed as a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
· Comprehensive understanding of dental instruments
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Current CPR certification preferred
· 2+ years experience as a Dental Assistant is preferred
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Budgeted compensation, subject to change based upon qualifications is $15-18 per hour.
Interested applicants please email cover letter and resume to:
Applications will be accepted until the earlier of August 30, 2019 or until position is filled.
The Mansfield Mission Center provides a work environment where staff care for and support each other. We are motivated by our faith, are passionate about the work we do, and we also like to have fun together.
Our Core Values
Christ-centered: our love for Jesus motivates our work and centers our purpose.
Relational: we foster supportive networks of people among community members, volunteers and staff.
Community-focused: we are responsive to the needs of the community and recognize the importance of partnership with churches and other agencies to attain the greatest impact.
Compassionate: we care deeply about those we serve which include clients, customers, volunteers and staff and we are responsive to their unique situation.
Stewards: we do our best to maximize donations and to nurture the staff and volunteers entrusted to us.