Education and Community-Based Programming Coordinator
The Education and Community-Based Programming Coordinator seeks to help clients of the Mansfield Mission Center (MMC) break the cycle of poverty and create greater hope for the future by assisting with their financial stability needs. The Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing all MMC programs and events that fall under the Financial Empowerment Program, including but not limited to the GED Financial Assistance Program, Connections Day events, Employability Workshop, Money Champ Camps, and Financial Coaching Program. The Education and Community-Based Programming Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Programs.
Job Responsibilities: The following is a list of related job tasks. Others may be assigned as needed:
Event and Program Facilitation (65%)
· Manage all steps necessary for execution of education and community-based program classes, events, and workshops
· Negotiate and execute Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) covering partnerships and use of services and facilities in connection with programs and events
· Manage compilation of class, event, and workshop materials
· Execute and/or manage set-up and tear-down of equipment and meeting space necessary for workshops and program events
· Track expenses and adhere to budget set for each program, workshop, and or event
· Oversee childcare employees during GED classes to ensure safety of children
· Manage yearly Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and coordinate with city and community agencies to assure successful program outcomes
· Collaborate with MMC Volunteer Coordinator to meet volunteer needs for programs
· Attend all workshops, camps, and classes, as needed to ensure successful execution
· Responsible for meeting workshop and event attendance goals and objectives in collaboration with financial coaches and other program team members
· Communicate with Program Director on a timely basis to meet all program objectives and timelines
· Collaborate with Director of Clinic Operations to provide health-focused events
· Manage data collection and entry from client workshops and events
· Make confirmation and reminder calls for upcoming workshops and events
· Aggregate and report monthly results from all programs
· Track and monitor GED student attendance and testing
· Administer GED test vouchers to qualifying students in timely manner
· Collaborate with financial coaches to complete client registrations for workshops, classes, and events
Community and Client Outreach (15%)
· Oversee program client recruitment using community outreach
· Coordinate program and event start and completion dates with community partners
· Attend community awareness events associated with MMC programs as directed
The Education and Community-Based Programming Coordinator must possess the following:
● Ability to work some evenings and weekends
● Ability to build rapport with community partners and program participants
● Ability to supervise program volunteers
● High degree of professionalism and ability to uphold confidentiality
The Education and Community-Based Programming Coordinator should ideally possess the following:
● Enthusiastic approach to work; ability to work effectively in a collaborative workplace
● Possesses a high level of energy; is self-motivated and has strong personal boundaries
● Christian faith background and ability to use Christ centered concepts to serve the poor
Education & Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in social work, business or related field required
● 2+ years relevant work experience or training in financial education or social service delivery
● Prior employment/volunteer experience in a community-based social service nonprofit preferred
· Christ-centered - Our love for Jesus motivates our work and centers our purpose.
· Relational - We cultivate supportive networks of community members, volunteers and staff.
· Community-serving - We are responsive to the needs of the community and recognize the
importance of partnership with churches and other agencies to attain the greatest impact.
· Compassionate - We care deeply about those we serve, including clients, customers, volunteers
and staff, and we are responsive to their unique situations.
· Stewards - We do our best to maximize donations and nurture the people entrusted to us.
The Mansfield Mission Center provides a Christ-centered work environment where staff care for and support each other. We are motivated by our faith, are passionate about the work we do, and we also like to have fun together. If you love helping others, enjoy a fast-paced work environment, and want to be part of our organizational growth – we would love to hear from you.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to Charlene Hurst by August 12th for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.